Tomato Potato
vCash: 500
At the time, I was all for it.

Potential reasons to reconsider:
-Breaking up chemistry of that group
-Nash's contract essentially making it impossible to keep Gaborik
-Nash on a 60 point pace this year
-Nash looking to have been affected by 2 head shots

1. Definitely was a risk that I underrated. No question. Prust walking played in as well.
2. Don't see the team better off mid/long term with Gabby over Nash. Not a factor for me.
3. Affected by the general team's struggles. Though he is obviously a (big) part of that. Still has shown ability to create out of nothing nearly on his own the way no one else on the roster can. Dallas, Buffalo goals come to mind.
4. The biggest factor to his drop off IMO. And the most unpredictable. Can't let it influence whether or not you make the deal. But a huge, unfortunate factor.

Verdict: Still a yes, but it is really teetering. His inability to step up and lead is concerning. The locker room chemistry shift, was devastating. Nash needs to get back on a 35-35 pace. The only reason why I still say yes is because I fear where the org would be without him. Giving Gaborik a long extension this summer. Even if they flipped the same package for Bobby Ryan, not sure the team is better off now/mid term.

"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote