View Single Post
Old
12-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
A lot better? I don't know about a lot. In his prime Sami put up 50-70 points a year and that was during a time when there were very few guys that even topped 80 points. He was never a superstar but he shouldn't be judged by the numbers he put up in Philly during the twilight of his career. He plays on the same team with his kid now and even at 40 he's still putting up better numbers than him. If Kasperi turns into the 50-70 point player that his dad was in his prime, that will be a very successful pick.
I know what you mean and I agree. Sami was a pretty damn good top 6, 25 goal, 50+ point forward each year for the first 6 full years of his NHL career, (including 4 where he was ~60 or more point pace) before he got more pegged as a shutdown guy... he showed in 05-06 he could still be a 50 point player though when given a chance.

But Kasperi is a far more 'natural' goalscorer from what I have watched. (insanely good shot, maybe that and his skating are his best attributes)

I may go over and watch him in person in ~March, depending on if I am still in europe then. Got the HIFK and Espoo games provisionally marked in the calender. (Not going over just to watch hockey, but going to be around Helsinki near that time if I go so may as well!)