View Single Post
Old
12-19-2013, 03:57 PM
weeze

vCash: 500
I don't agree that this was Wilson not being mentally there. He, along with Smith, Stahlberg and any other somewhat gifted forward get brainwashed into giving up their offensive talents to become a Trotz 2-way player with Defense being #1. The 3 game stretch where we played, and went 2-0-1, Phoenix (should have won), LA and Colorado (at that time the best team in the league) we played fast and scored a lot of goals. That was fun to watch. Sure we gave up some goals but the players looked like they were having fun. Then we sent Forsberg to Milwaukee and the wheels fell off. Not saying him not playing was the cause but it sure looked like the team did not like that call by the way they played.

Since Sully left, the Preds have had no real big top 3 threat. Lombardi might have been if not for the concussion. We have some good young top 6 forwards but I feel the Trotz way is hampering their progression and skills. I will always pull for the Preds, will not want to tank but I do think a change (Trotz first) is needed if this team, or future teams, is to move forward and become the team we all want them to be. TIOLI

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote