View Single Post
Old
12-19-2013, 04:58 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
I know I mentioned Wilson but I also could have said Smith, Bourque, Stahlberg and any other gifted young player. These young guys play on a tight wire. One false (bad) move and they get yanked off of the wire and put in the dog house. While some other players get to make stupid mistakes and nothing is said or done about that (Legwand, Clune, Hendricks, Gaustad).

It has been well stated in this forum how some players are treated without a concern and others treated as though someone is watching to see a mistake so that player can be benched. NOT a fan of that kind of motivation or discipline.
The thing is they don't get pulled after one bad move. It takes a series of them. They don't start losing ice time until they've turned mistakes into a trend. Wilson with one SOG over the past three games .... 2 penalties (not counting the too many men that get credited to the bench ... so four penalties) ... Smith is playing streaky hockey as well but is at least shooting the puck with only two games without a SOG dating to the beginning of November ... Bourque remains one of the odd men out when we're relatively healthy and it comes down to him or Spaling most nights ... Stalberg started the year injured, was slow to get to speed, and sat as a result early but is a nightly fixture in the past couple months.

Last edited by 101st_fan: 12-19-2013 at 05:04 PM.
101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote