View Single Post
Old
12-19-2013, 09:34 PM
harpoon
FOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyCheerios View Post
I'm liking this during season bold MacT... Giving things away for almost literally nothing
Yup. Pretty much this.

I'm trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to give MacT the benefit of the doubt and think that this was a move to give Linus a chance to prove himself elsewhere. But the cynic in me says we get more value for this player if he's moved in a package ... the kind of bold move MacT promised the fans. This organization doesn't have a clue how to build up the value of a player and make trades when the value is at its greatest.

Doesn't matter, Omark told MacT he wasn't staying in the AHL after Christmas. And why would he? He's clearly too good for the AHL. I watched more than a few OKC games this year and Omark soldiered on pretty well imo. Took some massive physical punishment and kept going to the net. Sure he had lousy games too, but somehow he only gets one game in the NHL (nine minutes I think it was) on a team where half the guys aren't putting out their best effort?

Maybe Linus isn't good enough. But I'm glad he's getting this chance with another organization. Good luck to him.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote