View Single Post
Old
01-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I love this move. Krog is a very solid role player and a very useful cog on our bottom lines. He adds a lot, a LOT of speed down there -- something Immonen couldn't offer us. His offense is on par with Immo's but his defense is definately an upgrade.

Gotta love this move. He's a sure-fire upgrade on our bottom 6. Adds speed and offense.

A line of:

Cullen - Krog - Hollweg would be FANTASTIC.
Can't say I'm crazy about the pick-up because he's one of the softest players in the NHL and we need players to compete every shift...But I don't think he's worthless though..A decent FO guy and some speed.and skill.but translates to very little production on the NHL level (Hmm, where have we seen that..)...But he's here as our 4th C so it may be a fit for awhile...And unlike others, I don't see this move as really blocking anybody bacuase I find IMMO lacking and the other Cs need a little more time...

However, my choice would have been to call up a W (Dawes? Callahan?) from Hartford to pair with CUllen as a C on one of the two bottom lines...

As for the lines with Krog, totally against Cullen-Krog-Holly becasue it puts Hollweg out of position yet again...I'd go with Cullen-Krog-Ward (more offense then Holly) in tandem with the HBO line (which i think could get better game by game)

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote