View Single Post
Old
01-12-2007, 06:47 PM
rangergiant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
How loud was it when he scored the goal compared to other crowd sounds you heard?
I have posted this before in case I am annoying anyone, but the absolute loudest I can ever remember the Garden was Game 5 of the 1994 Finals. At that point the Rangers were up 3-1 in the series and EVERYONE thought they were winning that game and the cup. I went real early and you could just hear the noise level rising in the building. At that time I was in Sec. 341, row L, which has a low ceiling of sorts if you know what I am talking about. By the time the game was about to start the place was in a frenzy. I had no idea when John Amarante started with the National Anthems, and I have no idea when he finished it. People were yelling and screaming, you could not hear anything, especially with that lower roof. It was incredible. That ended up being a wild game we lost. By game 7 the crowd was just a lot more nervous. At the Matteau game (happiest moment of my life) but the noise level did not compare to that game 5. The Matteau game was just relief, it was a double overtime scenario. I went to several of the Knick games in the playoffs those years as well as key Yankee games (aaron boone, WS clinchers in 1996 and 1999) and nothing will ever compare to Matteau. If it doesn't win it is a crime.

rangergiant is offline   Reply With Quote