Thread: Confirmed with Link: [EDM/BUF] Linus Omark For Conditional 6th '14
View Single Post
Old
12-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Playa Hejda

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
I'm judging the deal on its merits. Results the past eight seasons are irrelevant with respect to this deal.

Overall I like what MacT has done as GM so far. If you judge all his moves so far there isn't one wtf is this guy doing? head scratcher among them, including the Smid deal.

Sure Garbagekov and Lolbarbera have been busts, but they were cheap. Smid is ok, and roster players back would have been nice, but he is not a great loss for this team.
The last 8 years are not irrelevant to how I feel about this move. The last 8 years show a pattern of mismanagement that I cannot ignore, it poisons my mind against whatever it is the management is doing. That's not necessarily fair, but frankly, the Oilers have earned it.

This move on it's own is fine. Omark might have walked today, so getting any sort of return on Dec 19, 2013 is a blessing. However, letting the Omark situation get to Dec 19, 2013 without resolution is a small failure.

As for MacT's head scratchers, they've well documented (here, not in the media) Eakins, Grebeshkov, the curious 23 man roster management. All of which would be acceptable, if the Oilers weren't in last place while mired a decade long management induced disaster.

Playa Hejda is offline   Reply With Quote