View Single Post
Old
01-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Block More Shots

vCash: 500
The Rangers have the cap room...why not go out and trade for Weight? Our team needs two solid scoring lines. I'm not worried about our 3rd/4th lines because they go out and get the job done every night.

Think about it...Carolina sent a 1st (and 2nd, I believe) to STL for Weight. He shouldn't cost that much this time around. Maybe two 2nd round picks for him and he's ours. With Weight, we fill our 2nd line center spot AND gives us another threat on our 2nd PP unit. Cullen drops to the 3rd line and can play a good two-way game, chipping in goals once in awhile. If this team wants to make a serious run, they absolutely CANNOT stand pat and go with the current team.

Immonen gets a few games and gets sent back down...ridiculous. I said before that he'll need about 10 games to really show where he fits in and if he can contribute on a nightly basis, but of course, Renney shows his impatience once again with the kids and sends him down. Renney and co. certainly aren't using our young guys at all so let them play the year in Hartford and bring in a playmaking center (Weight). Prucha-Weight-Shanahan would be a great 2nd line.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that we forfeit the future, but as good as we look at times, we look like a minor league club at other times. It's time to make a strong move and add someone. Weight's not the answer to all of our problems but he'll improve the lineup up front a bit. He would round out our top six nicely because we all know that Cullen can't be depended on to get the job done.

Here's a bit of a preview, tell me what you think:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Weight-Shanahan
Hossa-Cullen-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer
Scratches: Krog, Orr, Hall

Obviously, the 3rd/4th lines could be worked on but I think any type of combination could work. I'd like to see Cullen and Betts on the same line but the others aren't very good at center.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote