Thread: Confirmed with Link: [EDM/BUF] Linus Omark For Conditional 6th '14
View Single Post
Old
12-20-2013, 02:29 PM
The Big Unit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa Hedja View Post
The last 8 years are not irrelevant to how I feel about this move. The last 8 years show a pattern of mismanagement that I cannot ignore, it poisons my mind against whatever it is the management is doing. That's not necessarily fair, but frankly, the Oilers have earned it.

This move on it's own is fine. Omark might have walked today, so getting any sort of return on Dec 19, 2013 is a blessing. However, letting the Omark situation get to Dec 19, 2013 without resolution is a small failure.

As for MacT's head scratchers, they've well documented (here, not in the media) Eakins, Grebeshkov, the curious 23 man roster management. All of which would be acceptable, if the Oilers weren't in last place while mired a decade long management induced disaster.
When discussing Omark, the bolded part here is the only part that's important. Who cares how long Omark was here or in OKC. Did he, at any time, actually have so much more value that dumping him for a 6th rounder is a terrible move?

The fact is that successive coaches couldn't find a place for this guy on our roster, that should tell you something about Omark's place on the Oilers. Also, by waiting till December 19, 2013 to move him, I believe the Oilers gave this guy a solid shot at making the team and he just didn't cut it. That's a really really bad sign if you can't crack a lineup as piss poor as Edmonton.

The Big Unit is offline   Reply With Quote