View Single Post
Old
12-21-2013, 08:37 AM
hockey diva

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
Did anyone catch Leggy on Hockey Night in Canada radio this afternoon on SiriusXM? When the question of him being a UFA at the end of the season came up he said the organization has not contacted him. He also said the organization should come to the player, not the player going to the organization. He said he likes Nashville and a decision to leave via Free Agency would be a family decision since he has been here for 15 years. The interviewer then cited several other players who were the face of their franchise (Alfredsson, Iginla and Lacavalier) leaving to go try and win somewhere else. Leggy said it would be nice to play for someone who will be playing into June. He also noted that lots of other folks are already getting locked up already but again, the organization had not come to his people. He wasn't really curt or anything but by the same token he did not sound all bubbly and a deal would be made and I want to stay in Nashville and retire a Predator.

Gave me a bad vibe. I think he is gone by the trade deadline and then who knows if we ever see him in a Preds jersey again. Hate to think it will happen but maybe we get something decent in return for him.
This is one reason why Poile needs to go. He needs to figure out if he wants to keep Legwand or sign him now. Guys are getting locked up during the season, Poile should be able to do the same thing. And if he is too damn busy with the Oly team then get Fenton to do it. Poile needs to quit being such passive pansy or just quit period.