View Single Post
Old
12-21-2013, 10:10 AM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
My definition of toughness encompasses more than just pugilism on ice. I would say a better way for me to communicate would be to refer to it as "The Will to Win Ratio".

Meaning, does this team collectively have it in them to do more than the guys on the side for the sake of the win? If so, just how far are they willing to go?

If it isn't up to par on a collective level, then I'd look at individual components, ones that need to go for the sake of raising that "Will to Win Ratio".

In my mind, a team with high "Will to Win Ratio" will out-compete their opponents, win or lose. If there is talent on those teams, and the top guys all have this made up intangible "Will to Win Ratio" I'm referring to, well I think you'd see a cup with those organizations, and those players getting paid like franchise players.
There used to be a quote on the locker room walls when Torts was coaching: "Everybody wants to win... not everyone is willing to prepare to win."

That mentality has clearly departed. The hard work, dedication, and compete level that was once required of this team to win games has all but disappeared. While some of these players will put maximum effort when challenge by an external source, they are incapable of motivating themselves. We lost the physical toughness with the departure of guys like Dubi and Prust, and then the mental toughness disappeared with the influx of Columbus players and the firing of Torts.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote