View Single Post
Old
12-21-2013, 10:36 AM
gallagt01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
If it's been discussed ad nauseum, you should have a general idea of the pervading opinion. I'm not sure what exactly a poll accomplishes.
Given Myers' resurgence of late, I think it's a fair poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I could see a case for yes/no. I would definitely consider it but probably pass because I still think Myers is going to be a good top pairing D in this league. If we walk away with Aaron Ekblad at the draft I would be more tempted too make a move. Right now Zadorov and Ristolainen are still question marks so I wouldn't consider defence a strength at the NHL level. Since we are so early into the rebuild I would rather wait to see what we got in Grigo, Girgs, Armia, Larsson and others before making a big move like this.

The way the NHL is trending you are going to be in good number of games scoring 2-3 goals, if you have an incredible D and good goaltending you are going to come out on top alot of the time. If Myers, Ristolainen and Zadorov end up to what people think they can then I build the defence around them for the long term.
Building from the D out is fine by me. Adding a player of O'Reilly's ilk is hard to pass on though.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote