Old
01-14-2007, 11:30 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
I know they're not trash, all 4 are good players.

The way I see it, Orpik and Rachunek are rather equal. I think Orpik's qualities fit better for the Penguins, but a change of scenery would do him good I think. Rachunek's qualities are not very needed for the Penguins.
As for Malone, he has more potential than Hall but is underachieving.

Pens need a stay at home bruising defenseman (who shoots right) and scoring wingers. Hall and Rachunek don't fit the bill for either spot.
I can see Orpik and Rachunek being equal and let's say they are for the sake of saying it.

How much is Malone making? Isn't he making like 1.5M or something for this year and next? I think Hall is making 1M. Malone has 10 points to Hall's 11 (though Hall played 20 games more than Malone). I think that they aren't THAT far in value due to Malone's salary and such. Enough to warrant the Rangers adding something like a 2nd round pick to even it out or a middle of the road prospect, IMO.

I'm a bit harsh on Orpik because I think he gets beat a lot, but that could just be because he plays on Pittsburgh and, like you say, needs a change of scenery.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote