View Single Post
Old
12-23-2013, 12:08 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Management can't be afraid to "screw up", that's a losers attitude if that's how they feel. It's the reason why Tambo was so ineffective always evaluating and looking for a "knock your socks off" offer although i'm not sure if it was Tambo dithering or if he was just taking orders from KLo.
It seems like fans have gotten into the Tambo mindset that they are so afraid to make a quantity for quality deal that they might lose. Well, you don't know until you try.

Staying pat, continuing to pile up prospects and rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic isn't going to work. Waiting for the core (an inbalanced core at that) to all of a sudden "get it" is an even riskier game to play than doing a quantity for quality deal. Changing the coach yet again and introducing yet another system and personality to a struggling group of youngsters who have had no stability throughout their entire pro career isn't going to change much.

It's time to start introducing culture change and that should begin with putting the pick on the table and see what teams are willing to offer. Then MacT should look at breaking up the core in the offseason and introducing some balance to the lineup even if it means sacrificing some skill. Enough is enough already.
by "screwing it up" I mean if they trade a very high pick for players who don't end up helping us and don't by into Eakin's system or God forbid players that don't want to stay here. the Oilers must be careful ! this may be a so called "weak" draft, but there is some potential good future top end talent in the top 5 or so. I wonder what ever happened to the Scott Laughton from Philly rumours that were swirling around earlier this year?