View Single Post
Old
12-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Funf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I like your optimism but top 6 forwards dominate the AHL at about or close to a point per game pace. The only forward on the roster that is close is Akeson and he is a Ryan Potulny clone. The phantoms as a team are one of the lowest scoring in the entire league with Bordson, vandevelde, and Newbury the next three leading scorers after Akeson. I have hope for Straka and Cousins as they are only at about 25 games into their professional careers but the early returns aren't good. Hopefully I am wrong but statistically the forward crop on the phantoms does look to have any top 6 forwards on it.
Honestly, I think most people in the organization see Cousins as a 3rd or 4th liner. Having said that, I think they're mostly working on his defensive game, and it's still too early to tell, so who knows what kind of player he'll turn out to be.

As far as Pacioretty goes, yeah, it would be a nice piece for us to have, but I don't really see the point if we have to blow up our team as it is, or lose any defensive prospects. And I know MTL likes Morin...

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote