View Single Post
Old
01-14-2007, 01:30 PM
dank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I would've given him opening night and the Rangers could've done it at least given Staal a taste and see how he responds..The Rangers could've played Staal instead of Pock that night and who knows what would've happened..It was at least worth a look..

The sad thing is I think the Rangers started the season with 22 guys on the active roster..

To me Staal not getting a shot is a blunder...

Is he ready?

I don't know but the question is asked about a lot of guys in the system and the only way to get an answer is to see them in the NHL...
i think everyone is in agreement on that point, from the fans to the management. sucks that they didn't give him a real taste of what he is working for.

worst case scenario, 10 games are up, he's in over his head, a hit in his confidence, but he knows what he has to focus on to get the glory/pride of playing in MSG and in the NHL, etc. he rebuilds that confidence after a while in the OHL.

best case scenario, 10 games are up, he is a defensive marvel and he stays up, gains experience, confidence and everyone is happy. however, i doubt it would have been good for him to be thrown around/into this awful, streaky, jumble of a team now.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote