View Single Post
Old
12-23-2013, 01:35 PM
raab
Where's the Heart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
Draisaitl is an interesting potential pick... he isn't overly physical though, so even though he has bigger than average size, he doesn't play that big... he is 4th on mackenzies list, 8th on button's and 7th on ISS's list... so he is right in the area that the oilers will likely be picking, as even if we miraculously have a great 2nd half, we aren't going to be picking beyond the 5th-7th overall pick i wouldn't think

personally, i want to trade the pick for immediate help, but that deal might not be there this year, as the draft is so weak
I dont see it, the top 3 are all going to be players. For me thats Reinhart, Ekblad, and Bennett. I was on board with trading the pick, but after watching both Reinhart and Bennett I'd wait until the draft and take one of them and trade RNH or take Ekblad. I'll bring up a deal I've thrown around a few times with RNH going to St. Louis for Berglund + Shattenkirk+Jaskin. Then trade Gagner+Klefbom to Chicago for Hjalmarsson. Then Yakupov+Petry to Philly for Couturier+Simmonds. Sign M. Greene and Hillier. Gives us a lineup like this:

Hall-Couturier-Eberle
Bennett-Berglund-Simmonds
Perron-Gordon- Jaskin
Gazdic-Arcobello-Pitlick
Joensuu

Hjalmarsson-Shattenkirk
Ference-Schultz
Marincin-Greene
Belov

Hillier
Bachman

Once Bennett gets older and more mature he takes over the top line center role and bumps everyone down a spot.