View Single Post
Old
12-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Soundwave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Bennett would be our #1 center within 3 years and be developed properly, also I think your underrating Couturiers offence. I see him putting up 60 points playing between Hall and Eberle, all while covering for both of them defensively. So in a few years we'd be ready to compete/win a cup but at least in the meantime were not ending up in last every season and can develop our prospects correctly. Imagine in 3 years the roster could potentially look something like this:

Hall-Bennett-Eberle
Perron-Couturier-Jaskin
Berglund-Gordon-Simmonds
Gazdic-Lander-Pitlick

Hjalmarsson-Shattenkirk
Marincin/Nurse-Schultz
Ference-Greene

Hillier
Bachman

Most likely the roster would be a little different, but if Bennett can put up 70+ points and lead the team with Hall, Eberle, Couturier, Shattenkirk, Hjalmarsson, Schultz being in their primes I think we at least look like contenders.
I think it's kind of overreaction though, because right now we lack defensive forwards, so some people go really far with getting that type of player, but with that roster, the complaints then would then become "we don't have an elite offensive center".

If you can get a Sean Couturier alone that solves most of the problems the Oilers have upfront honestly. Add in a role player like Clutterbuck from NYI or something and that significantly changes the forward mix.