View Single Post
Old
01-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Orr is not a good enforcer, and he is certainly not a good hockey player. I really wish that we could do better. I've criticized his game the whole season. However at this point, with this team headed nowhere, I have no problem throwing the kid out there if he's willing to stick up for our players.

Now, crosschecking opposing forwards in the face is not the right way to stand up for our players, IMO. I'm willing to give the kid a pass on that one, though another bull**** play like that and I'd waive him outright.

So while my opinion on Orr has not changed one bit this season, I've become a little more willing to let him do his thing. I think he looked OK out there yesterday, didn't hurt us at all If I recall correctly. Again, I think the kid is pretty useless, but half of our team is useless right now. Hopefully Orr can elevate his game and turn himself into a competent enforcer. I'm not holding my breath, but what the hell.
What i highlighted sums up Orr to me...I think we all wish we could do better with that lineup spot and it's time to look from within...

In Hartford there are 5 players that could step in and add something to those bottom two lines.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote