View Single Post
Old
12-23-2013, 11:12 PM
glenngineer
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Hornqvist plays a scrappy game every night ... shows effort every shift ... but almost no results at ES in forever. We need our allegedly best players to be our best darn players every game. That simply is not the case right now.

I'm not seeing the effort of years gone by. We used to have teams that fought for 60 minutes even when outskilled ... this squad isn't showing that level of heart. This team has the individual talent to put up 4-6 players at or above the 20 goal plateau but it isn't performing well enough as a unit for the parts to reach those levels. We disappear for periods at a time.
We have no one willing and/or able to take the team on their shoulders with talent alone. Heart and soul are great but you need to finish the play as well, whether it's scoring, finishing a check, blocking a shot, making a save, etc. No one is stepping up. It's disheartening to watch as teams in years past always had that fight in them as you described. We have no edge to our game. We have "skill" forwards that either aren't good enough or are too soft. We have grinders that just don't grind enough. We have defensemen that are generally pretty good but have a momentary lapse of judgement and the puck is in the back of the net. We have goalies that just don't make the simple save, nor the game changer.

We have a ton of issues and I'm not sure what the fix is but something has to give at some point. It will either be a trade or someone on the staff being let go. I can't imagine this goes on much longer. Then again, I've said that same thing many a time to be fooled in to thinking it could happen and I wake up the next day and the situation hasn't changed one iota.