01-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
iv heard people say it not too bad. but it's $5mill. which i would have thought is way to big. they might need biron to shift Salo.

Smith would be perfect here, and if you wanted youth, we could give up tallinder,Campbell, Pyatt, Maxim, even Roy, since we're overloaded with small guys.

paille is still to be signed. ditto for Vanek. Gausted sucks this year. anyway, pomiville is by far the best out of those this year, a point per game. i would class him as untouchable. Roy i could part with, only for a player like Smith tho. Maxim, tallinder, Biron im sure out of those a deal could be worked.
Glad you're not in a position to make any deals. Teams trying to build through youth handing out their best and brightest for a 30 yearold defenseman who team's with serious playoff aspirations will die to get their hands on? That's foolhardy.

While no one is untouchable, it would seem less likely that they deal what they've tried to acquire in trade and draft than it would for them to move from surplus (goalie). Smith would be a nice addition, but not for a team with little to no hope of the post-season.

As for the Gaustad comment... you get to see any Amerks games, do you? He's coming along just fine, the offense hasn't been there, but his future role is in the Scatchard/Skruland mold as a 3rd or 4th line player, a defensive player who takes the body, PK's and handles the middleweight policing duties. He's right where he needs to be.