Thread: Sophomore Slump
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2007, 08:25 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
It bothers me that Petr Prucha's name appears in trade rumors so often. Has Ranger brass given up on him so easily?

1) Teams know to watch for this kid. It'd be naive to expect Prucha to get all the same chances this year.

2) He's no longer playing LW on the 1st PP unit and cashing in on Jagr goodness. Gee, I wonder why he isn't scoring any power play goals?

3) Sophomore slump? I really hope this kid gets at least one more season to show us what he's got.

4) Center? I mean, Matt Cullen? Despite his speed, I don't envision him as your ideal set up man. We all know this. I mean, at least Steve Rucchin has had extensive experience as a 1st line center playing with Kariya and Selanne so he knew how to sit back and make things happen for his wingers.

Part 2 of my post points out some notable victims of the slump.

Jarome Iginla
as rookie: 21-29-50
sophomore: 13-19-32

Mike York
as rookie: 26-24-50
sophomore: 14-17-31

more relevant? same year/age as petr. is he in every colorado trade rumor? (i dunno really, but haven't heard him mentioned in any i've read).
Marek Svatos
as rookie: 32-18-50
so far this year: 10-14-24 - on pace for 45 points.

and looking more-so at # of goals...
Daniel Sendin
as rookie: 20-14-34
as sophomore: 9-23-32

Petr Prucha
as rookie: 30-17-47
so far this year: 10-9-19 - on pace for 34 points.
I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but what gives?

I doubt prucha gets traded this year. If, with increased playing time he still exhibits the problems he's had in his own end next year, then I start believing the rumors. He is one of the few young forwards that we have that is a sniper. They are hard to come by.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote