View Single Post
Old
12-24-2013, 02:40 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Why does the fan base have such a hard on for this guy. Other than organizational need, I don't get it. He isn't exactly setting the Q on fire and is years away from having any type of NHL impact. If he could be a key part in getting a proven 30 goal scoring, top shooting, first line winger at 25 years old locked up on a cheap contract, I wouldn't even hesitate. I know at HF, we all see potential first and production second, but Pacioretty is a given commodity.

The Flyers has an abundance of forwards to trade for a defenseman and there is always free agency. I just don't understand the mentality of "this guy could be a top pairing D" vs "this guy IS a first line winger", especially since the window to impact for Morin is so far away.
Given the scarcity of true #1 defenders, sometimes it pays to take a low-percentage chance on a guy like Morin over a much safer play like Pacioretty,

You can find goal scorers in other ways. Very rarely do you find #1 guys outside the draft.

That doesn't mean Morin has more value than Pacioretty (far from it), but sometimes you just need to take the gamble because you're not going to trade for a #1 guy or find one in free agency.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote