View Single Post
Old
12-24-2013, 03:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Why does the fan base have such a hard on for this guy. Other than organizational need, I don't get it. He isn't exactly setting the Q on fire and is years away from having any type of NHL impact. If he could be a key part in getting a proven 30 goal scoring, top shooting, first line winger at 25 years old locked up on a cheap contract, I wouldn't even hesitate. I know at HF, we all see potential first and production second, but Pacioretty is a given commodity.

The Flyers has an abundance of forwards to trade for a defenseman and there is always free agency. I just don't understand the mentality of "this guy could be a top pairing D" vs "this guy IS a first line winger", especially since the window to impact for Morin is so far away.
Well from a prospect depth POV I wouldnt deal Morin. Only in recent years have the Flyers gotten the idea that they finally need to build up the prospect pool which still is pretty piss poor depth wise but its getting better.
Now I also understand and agree that Morin is likey several years away from making it the NHL provided they dont rush him. But He is going to be an important guy to have around I would think. I am against dealing Morin,Hagg and Ghost. They need to hang onto these guys and develop them. correctly.
Dont get me wrong, I think Max would be a great fit this team, but I really dont think He is on the block and I really dont think the Flyers would pay the price which probably is really high.
Timonen is nearing the end, Meszaros is at the end and Streit will be likely in a couple of seasons. The Flyers need to hang onto their defenseman prospects. IMO

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote