View Single Post
Old
12-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
We are all really over valuing Pac's here. He isn't going to cost Schenn+Hartnell or anything like that. The deal would be centered around Schenn, and add some to it. The problem is what do you add to that, first rounder?? I'm not too sure about that. I understand everyone is saying overpayent!!! overpayment!!! ONLY OVERPYMENT!!! gets him out!! Thing is, he is popping up in rumors way too much. Somewhere along the lines management isn't all that pleased with him and would listen if the pieces are right coming back. This does not mean over payment, if they get an offer they feel is good for now and into the future, they will probably think about it. If we are giving up Schenn, there is no way Morin, Hagg, Ghost, Laughton follow him there, it would be a terrible trade.

Also, I am not trading Read or Voracek in any deal for him, that hurts our team more than helps. The goal is to build a winner, not trade player for player with other teams. Where does that get you? Read is essential to this teams third line and PK unit, without him Couts+ our PK would be pretty crappy right around now.

Also, Max Pac has had injury issues throughout his career, so I would be a little worried. If people want to trade Voracek/Read/Schenn+Morin+another pick, we should not be targeting Max Pacioretty, we should be going after Shea Weber with that type of package(or a player of his caliber)

Ryan got Anahiem

Silfverberg
Stefan Noesen
1st rounder

Max Pac is not better, even with that contract, than Ryan. We aren't giving up more than that.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote