View Single Post
Old
12-25-2013, 12:10 AM
dookie88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
If Nashville is serious about trading Weber, I wonder if they would be more interested in young NHL players like the Schenns or picks. I could see it going either way. If they trade Weber it would be signaling a full rebuild. So they could get some young players already in the NHL to keep their fans interested or they could get a couple first round picks to add to forsberg, jones, and their high pick this year so that their core will be entering their prime around the same time.

I wouldn't mind sending a guy like Raffl and a couple picks their way even though Raffl has been great lately.
Any draft picks they get for Weber would be low ones just because teams interested in Weber would look at him as piece to get him over the hump. A couple of picks around the 25-30 overall mark would be a really shabby return for Weber.
They'd be good advised to look for blue chip offensive talent the way they developped defenders in the past they won't have trouble building a top D core, even without Weber.
They also have Legwand on a contract that runs out. He's playing good this year. I think Nashville could turn this franchise around pretty quickly the way they are build right now if they make the right moves.

I'd do the Schenns+2014 1st round pick+

But is that really what they'd look for?
They have no real need for Luke and while I still love Brayden, he's not going to be a first line offensive player on a contending team. They need some first line talent.

You look at Edmonton, if they'd offer Eberle, Klefbom and their first this year, that's a pretty good offer. Especially considering that pick is going to be top 10 overall.