View Single Post
Old
12-25-2013, 05:26 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up the Irons View Post
did i just get time warped back 3 years? we've got enough top-end young studs. the time to start surrounding them was last year.

hasn't this year proven that simply tanking and waiting doesn't necessarily yield the results you want? when you are the worst team in the league, it is very difficult to improve. it takes real management of assets to get out of the gutter, not just waiting.

who would have thought that 3 first overall picks wouldn't be enough, and now you think another is the answer? and another top 5 pick next year? (which would absolutely happen if we do not make changes and end up 29th or 30th this year)

we've got to start improving. we've got to set higher standards. this willingness to be THE WORST TEAM IN THE F---ING LEAGUE has got to end. I'd rather see a real trade that allows us to play .600 hockey the rest of the way and end up picking 24th. i want progress NOW, or at least the declaration that tanking is no longer acceptable. i want a manager that is trying to improve the team, not intentionally letting them remain bad so we can draft high. we, of all fans should know, it doesn't work.

i agree with you on the new management group part.

That's where I just don't understand because if we're going to follow Pittsburgh's path we will fail because the forwards aren't at the same level,and if we are to follow Chicago's rebuild,it's going to fail because they got top pairing defensemen through the draft in which we haven't done,and if we're to follow LA's rebuild we would again fail because LA drafted Doughty to lead their defense and we again have nothing.

We do need another top pick whether fans want to acknowledge it or not, and if it doesn't happen,you can pretty much predict it that this rebuild is going to end up being like the Atlanta/Florida/Columbus type rebuilds .