View Single Post
Old
12-25-2013, 07:24 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
How many big UFA's have we landed in the last decade? And what do you think you could get for any spare parts on the 2nd worst team in the league? I mean they are spare parts here, why the heck would anyone else want them? The sad truth is outside of maybe 5- 10 players we have no one worth more then a 2nd round pick.

And yes we could go after some players in UFA who arent quite top notch, but how much will they actually improve the team? Would them filling in on the top defensive pairing/top 6 be enough to get us a cup? Any UFA's we sign now are most likely going to be on the team for 3 years just to get them to sign here. So we need to keep this all in mind.

I still think the best thing given a value stand point if Reinhart or Bennett are available at our pick this summer would be to trade RNH. He would arguably return the most of any of the big 3, and if were picking one of those 2 we still have our first line center in the org. Depending on the return we should be a more competitive team and be able to bring our new center along properly.
That would be a step backwards and would only prolong our futility.

Filling holes while creating new one's is what got us in this mess in the first place.