View Single Post
Old
12-25-2013, 01:32 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
If I've misconstrued, misappropriated or mistaken your remarks for those of another I'll apologize for that. There is no single right way IMO to build a contender of a hockey team--there are a mixture of different elements however that are needed and multiple paths to contenderhood that can be taken. A team being able to defend it against the aggression of other teams is IMO a key element--a lot less theory about how things should be and more fact about how things are in reality. When AV suggests we're going to be like the Red Wings he seems to have made his mind up. But the original Wings team that fought it's way to being a contender had Probert, Kocur and later McCarty amongst others. The Wings team that toned all that down burned other teams for being too aggressive with a lethal pwp which had Yzerman, Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Zetterberg among others. The current Rangers don't have the horses to defend themselves physically or by making other teams afraid or their pwp. It's a problem and I expect it's going to continue to be a problem for some time.

Blah blah blah I still don't see a single word in there about how fighting makes the game of hockey safer.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote