View Single Post
Old
12-25-2013, 02:38 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
That would be a step backwards and would only prolong our futility.

Filling holes while creating new one's is what got us in this mess in the first place.
I dunno, depends on the asset we get in return. Would you say RNH for Weber really sets us back considering we'd have Reinhart or Bennett(Who I consider to be close to the calibre of Reinhart some may not agree) in the stable? Or RNH for say Subban and Eller from the Canadians? I think it depends on the return. You obviously dont give RNH away but if he returns assets that help your club now and in the future you have to at least consider the idea. Same with Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, etc....

Also disagree on the filling holes and creating new ones is what got us in this mess. What got us in this mess was creating holes for no reason. Trading a 30 goal guy like Penner for magic beans, trading Vishnovsky for a guy that Anaheim couldn't wait to get rid of, trading Brodziak for nothing, letting Glencross walk. This team continually shipped guys out for guys with "potential" and never filled the holes in the team they created from these magic bean trades.