View Single Post
Old
12-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Lundqvist has just for too long masked the deficiancies of this dysfunctional and mediocre team, who seem to refuse to aquire players that actually fit the longterm philosophy, which is asinine during this era. Do they even have a longterm philosophy how to play hockey to be successful? If they have one, they have masked it well.

Hank's own play this season has been uninspired to say the least. Is he past his prime? Has he lost his drive? Is he in a long slump? Is he on his way to have a bad season, which basically every goalie in the leagues has had? Who knows. I'm one of Hank's biggest defenders (I favour the goalie position in general), but I'm not defending his bloated contract. Too much money and way too long of a contract, which is just typical Sather. I advocate the UFA contract of the franchise player will directly indicate how well the management has done its job. Hometown discount, excellent management who has earned it. Overpayment; a dysfunctional management who had to pay what they deserve and have not done their job properly.

In february we'll see how Hank plays behind a legit team in the olympics and how much he has left in the tank. If he plays uninspired hockey, at least the team will have the Monster waiting on the bench. The Rangers do not have such luxury with depth.

I assume nobody thinks Talbot in net will actually solve anything. The core that is supposed to form the backbone of the team has looked awful and hasn't been close to meet expectations whatsoever since the lockout. The Rangers are quickly becoming the new Islanders. We all know the guy running this team is the one who should be fired, but since it's ok to be a mediocre GM for eternity under Dolan, nothing will happen. The NYR management as a whole is just bad.

Last edited by Chimp: 12-25-2013 at 05:42 PM.