View Single Post
Old
12-25-2013, 06:00 PM
kolankosf

vCash: 500
Then another question to ask is, Why would montreal be willing to trade a proven 30-35 goal 25y/o winger who has the potential to pot 40+? The Hartnell/Schenn/Schenn/2nd deal sounds reasonable. But what would the Canadiens look to ship out 2 solid building blocks for:
a veteran on the decline
a center who hasn't quite shown that he can live up to his hype
a defenseman who had solid early years, but hasn't been evolving with the rest of the players in the league, showing this by "slowing down" at an early age.
and a shot in the dark 2nd round pick?

Personally, I'm a big fan of Luke Schenn and feel that he's earned more than he's given. If we traded Hartnell and any pick after the second round, I wouldn't be heartbroken. Although, Hartsy playing with Simmer and Schenn has kinda seemed to light the fire under his ass. Brayden Schenn, I'm on the fence on because with our luck, when we trade him, he'll turn into a superstar.

I understand where you guys are coming from, and I know that everyone has a role. Not EVERYONE has to be tough, but it really helps when you get to the playoffs and the teams start playing a lot harder. If you're already playing tough, and fighting for the puck, it won't be hard once the competition kicks it into high gear.

I'd give Voracek a bit more time as it appears that he and G are really stating to click now, and his pucks are starting to go in. I'd really like to save these assets for a top pairing D-man in the off season to replace Kimmo.

Thanks for the feedback though guys.

kolankosf is offline   Reply With Quote