View Single Post
Old
12-25-2013, 08:57 PM
OnlyTruth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
The backups play fewer games. Gets alot of rest. Not only physicaly but the Whole mental thing. The starting goaltender got alot of pressure from the fans, media, Coach etc. Before every game he uses alot of energy to focus on the game Ahead of him. The backup on the other hand is a no-name that noone expects anything from. He also has a more exp goalie to help him prepare. In this case Hank helps Talbot.

U just cant compare the 1st and 2nd goalie. The Avs traded Anderson to the Senators and Hoped Budaj or someone else would step up. What happend? The avs played so bad. So bad that even a KHL team would crush them. U better have a rly good plan if u trade an elitegoalie. Talbot has no exp at this Level. Its a huuuuge gamble to trade hank and go for him.
So why there so many #1 goalies on other teams who are doing good with that mental pressure? Hank goes at the rate of 1-2 soft goals per game. I don't think your logic can justify or defend that.

I do understand though the mental issue point to some extend, but I expect the best goalie in the world with 8.5m contract to focus a bit better. It is not an excuse, but more like an apology.