View Single Post
Old
01-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Draftman

vCash: 500
My son played in high school and club teams on Long Island. He played for one coach who only played the best players on the team, as well as one who played everyone equally no matter how good or bad they were. Since my son was usually the #1 goalie on the team's he played on it didn't affect him. I just wish some of these coaches used a little more common sense.

Talking to some of the parents in the stands was always interesting. I asked one mother of a player to calm down after her kid was moved from one line on the team to another. She threatened the coach that she would take her kid off the team, "during the game!"

When I told another woman that she didn't need to take these games so seriously since her kid wouldn't make the NHL. Let's just say, if looks could kill, I'd be dead.

My favorite stupid thing I hear however comes from baseball. At EVERY game I have attended, there is some moron who will say after the first hit given up by the home team, "there goes the no-hitter". Even if its in the first inning.

Draftman is offline   Reply With Quote