View Single Post
Old
01-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
ola..

I can't fault Renney for trying to do something different, since aside from Jagr's line, this team needs changes. I just don't agree with his methodology. Something different may be playing Prucha a bit more for several games, though. He scored four goals in 8 games and then gets sent to the fourth line, whereas Hossa scores 5 points in 45 games and is playing on a second line.

Nobody likes Hall, but he's been as good as other third and fourth liners, and that's the role he plays. That he came here with different expectations is irrelevant because Renney plays him as a third/fourth liner. His results should be based on a third/fourth liner, playing with the likjes of Hollweg, Betts, et al.

As for Malik - I'll take it a different way. He does not play well on a top line and too often plays with zero passion, no sense of urgency, or like he didn't care. He gets beat frequently, and turns the puck over often. Yes, he's only as good as he is, but at the same time, then, if he's not good enough, perhaps he shouldn't be playing at all. Maybe with him 'accountable' is not the correct term - his lack of ability should put him on the bubble anyways.

I dunno - the bottom line is I think Renney was overrated as a coach last season, and isn't doing a good job this season. He's no Ruff, or even Lewis, or Laviolette, among many others. He's a guy who was given a coaching job despite NHL coaching success and having not coached in many years. He advised from the press box and it's different when you're behind the bench.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote