View Single Post
Old
12-26-2013, 03:14 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

vCash: 500
I have to say... I was on board until this summer with the entire rebuild process as I agreed that it was really the only way to possibly build this team back into a perennial contender... I say "possibly" as well because nothing is a certainty and there's 29 other teams trying to win as well... it's always going to be a challenge to win consistently in the NHL... much less win a cup or multiple cups.

With the firing of Tambo and Kreuger though, to me it signalled that management was at least projecting forward that this team was supposed to be moving forward into the next stage into becoming a truly competitive team.

MacT's "Bold" comments and Lowe's "thing or two about winning" diatribe to me was the switch that turned me from "patience and faith" towards "reality and show me the results".

Since last summer and now going forward into the future it's all about the reality of what this team is doing on the ice and in the standings and what moves the management team actually makes to directly and immediately improve the team.