View Single Post
Old
01-26-2004, 11:23 PM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
I LOVE Jagr and Lindros being together and Rsoie on that LW brings a defensive side of the game to go w/his wheels and all around game to form IMO what can be one of the top 5 lines in the game.

Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev have alittle less pressure then when they started the year as they won't be drawing the top checkers and D-men they were then as those will be assigned to the big line.These 3 have to find a way to generate some offense in a suppert role.They are too good not to chip in something.

The 3rd and 4th lines I'd switch centers.

Matty-Holik-Ortmeyer is a true checking center that groups maybe the 3 hardest working, chippy forwards together to form a true shutdown line if that a=hole Slats ever decided to match lines and use one.This line would do damage in that area IMO.

That would leave a 4th line of Simon-Mess-Lundy which could add much needed offense being that they'd be going against 4th lines and 3rd pairings most of the time.

I think these would give us our best balance.

What a disgrace it is that Slats has to ridiculed all over the hockey world for him to wake up and switch up some stale lines in an effort to jumpstart both players and the entire team by putting together some lines that actually make sense at this stage of the season.