Thread: OT: The Draft Wheel
View Single Post
Old
12-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
And if that number 3 is not enough to turn your franchise around (he might be a bust, have a career ending injury early on, etc...) well good luck with those 28, 21 and 16th pick the next 3 years. I guess it will be a Couturier to the rescue

The more I think about a draft wheel, the more horrible of an idea I believe it is.
Your acting as if the only way to become a good team is through top picks. If you have bad management your going to have a crappy team whether you have top picks or not. Just look at the Oilers, they're terrible, and 3 straight 1st overall picks later they are still 29th. So really has giving them those top picks really done anything to turn their franchise around?

If they knew they weren't getting those picks they would be more concerned with icing a competitive team and probably wouldn't be the worst team in the league year after year so it's better for the fans of Edmonton. And it's better for the fans of the teams who aren't in the basement as they have hope of becoming a contender instead of getting stuck as a perennial playoff bubble team that isn't bad enough to get top picks but isn't good enough to take the next step.

Sorinth is online now   Reply With Quote