View Single Post
Old
01-15-2007, 09:33 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
You know, I wonder if this all has to do with a commitment to longer-term rebuilding. (Bear with me here...)

So we pick up multiple retread players both last year and this either off waivers or for marginal prospects and use them to plug holes on everything below the first line. We build a defence out of 3-6 Ds. And, when we have injuries, we call up our talented prospects for as short as possible and send them back down as soon as is practical.

Could it be that Satherloney and Renney are taking the view that our true potential stars are very young and need to be brought along gradually until they're ready to play prominent roles? (a la the Yanks and Phillip Hughes, who could easily have been the team's #3 or #4 starter last year?) In the meantime, they're plugging gaps to keep those players playing the biggest possible roles in the lower levels?

Hey, I realize this is rationalization taken pretty far, but I'm hoping. The only thing that doesn't jibe with this idea right now is Prucha demoted to the fourth line, which is wacky regardless of the scenario. (I'd love to hear management's rationale behind that - has anyone in the organization ever gone on record to explain it?)

Of course, if they deal a Dubinsky/Callahan/Montoya between now and the deadline for a 32 year old B- player... well, there will go another faint hope.

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 01-15-2007 at 09:57 PM.
BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote