View Single Post
Old
12-27-2013, 05:10 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
How does he stifle offensive talent? Everyone calls him a bad coach but I never found out why, lol.
For me the problem with Gernander has always been the opposite. We are the team in the NHL with the mos or second most resources and a brass that really at least has the intention to become a great organization.

Try to sell in Gernander too me. Why is he THE best man for the job?

I've just not been sold on that Gernander is the best man for the job. Doesn't seem to be doing that great of a job. It's not like the results are there.

I've also been PUZZLED with some moves he has made.

Then you got a lot of kids who go to HFD and all of a sudden asks for trades. A lot sooner than one might expect. Grachev. I lost the name of that Czech D. Zucc went to HFD and Gernander played him on a 4th line for like a quarter of a season. Half way into the same season Schoney said that he was the best playmaker in the AHL. Zucc was extremely frustrated by how he was threated by Gernander. I know Zucc well, he is far from perfect etc but he is an extremely humble guy and always works really hard, finnish the hits, takes his assignment defensively. Ie, sure someone don't think Zucc is good enough, fine. But he is not the player you bench because he needs to get his head straight. I just don't at all believe in that kind of management where you force players to work through a lot of BS etc.

Last edited by Ola: 12-27-2013 at 05:20 AM.