View Single Post
Old
12-27-2013, 11:48 AM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
That's it just stunning if true.If Nurse is said to have a higher ceiling,then this draft is going to be the weakest in more than a decade.
i don't know about "weakest in a decade", but pretty much all the regular guys (mackenzie, button, etc) have been saying this is a weak draft for quite some time now... this is very troubling when you consider that these peoples careers are quite literally wrapped up in the concept of making each draft "exciting" and "an event"... if these folks are telling you its weak, it really is weak

GMs that i have seen talking about this year have also said that this draft class is quite weak, macT the most recent in his interview with stauffer the other day

this is another reason i don't think we'll be able to trade our 1st rounder for a top-pairing guy unless we end up with one of the top-2 picks, as reinhart and ekblad, although a step down from previous years, are still thought of as good prospects.... unfortunately, if we end up with the 5th overall, we aren't going to have many takers for that pick, and none of them are going to be giving away a top-2 or even top-4 defender for such a pick