View Single Post
Old
01-16-2007, 09:24 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I just can't see him suddenly developing chemistry with Shanahan. They play a fundamentally diffrent style of hockey, and besides that, both likes to go into the same areas of the ice and kind of plays the same style, besides having a 3rd party on that line thats also struggling.
Shanny is not the problem. Playing him with a 3rd line center like Cullen is. Shanny and Prucha do not play a different style. They are very similar. Go to the net and dig for pucks.
Quote:
I think Prucha will get gooing before this season is over, either on a 4th line that reaches the same level our 4th line did last season, and therfor takes ice from the other lines and gets and avg around 12 minutes per night, or on a 3rd line.
Playing with bubble players, out of position wings playing center and with offensively challenged 4th line players is supposed to get him going?
Quote:
Though I have no problem with Renney moving him around inorder to get him gooing. Its not like Renney have stuffed Prucha away this season, expecting him to take off with minimal ice time. He have several times played on the 1st line, for the majority of the season he have played on a 2nd line, he have been tested on a 3rd line, and he have been tested on a 4th line, and he have been scratched like twice.
He's shown more with less than other noteables that Renney has give a much longer rope to. He is a sniper and needs the PP play to gaind confidence and develop consistency with his shot. That time has been cut out from under him. Playing him with bubble players is no way to get him going.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote