View Single Post
Old
01-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Esa 10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
First of all, Prucha will get a few shifts with Jagr and Holly too. Second, Prucha with thoose two have allot of responsibilitys. If Prucha pokes home a rebound with thoose two I wouldn't expect Renney to take much notice, but if he goes in and lifts that line, I think he would. Like comes back and takes care of the transition game, or starts getting several more takeaways ect....
Ola, I can understand your point much better now. In theory, this is something that might work. However, here are my counterpoints:

1) I don't think Renney is this clever. Call it cynicism, disenchantment, I just don't see this as probable motivation on Tom's part.

2) Your logic would make more sense if Krog/Cullen were centering the line, with Orr/Hollweg on the opposite wing of Prucha. I have trouble believing that even someone like Straka could accomplish the goals with Hollweg/Orr you've set out for Prucha.

3) Renney hasn't shown a pattern of this type of coaching with any other young players. Certainly not with Tjutin. A perfect candidate for this type of indoctrination would've been Dawes. Yet he was sent to Hartford precisely because Renney didn't believe this was the way to go.

In the end, I don't see the demotion as a part of some long-ranging plan. Unfortunately.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote