View Single Post
Old
12-28-2013, 07:17 AM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

vCash: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I actually also think that Raffl is more skilled than Hartnell, at least at this point. I was just saying that for the sake of argument. Even if Raffl was less skilled, he's playing much better than Hartnell this season, which is all that matters.

And your 2nd paragraph is exactly what I've been saying.
I think Raffls skills are being underrated due to the fact he played Allsvenkan instead of SHL.

He outscored the guy who is 5th in SHL scoring now last year (almost PPG), on the same team but Raffl had more defensive responsibility.

SHL has a 0.78 difficulty rating compared to the NHL... compared with a 0.41 of the AHL.

That means the average SHL player who comes over scores 78% of the rate they did in the SHL. Now Raffl ofc did not play SHL, but he played with or against several guys, and was better than them, who are now looking very good in the SHL (Ryno, Blomqvist, Aulin, Aberg and Wennberg.)

Also, during the lockout he scored at a similar or higher rate (0.95) in the same league as: Letestu (0.57), Landeskog (0.82), F. Forsberg (0.87), Berglund (1.07), Kopitar (1.10).

Read, Backlund and Hagelin were the only guys over 1.2PPG in the lockout.

I'm not saying he is more talented than Hartnell, or will be more than a 3W long term... but he has at least some offensive acumen and can play hockey... you can see that when you watch him.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote