View Single Post
12-28-2013, 10:04 AM
vCash: 1548
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
This team used to possess a never say die mentality. They could get down a goal or two and fight their way back and win. This year's version of the Preds is fragile. Give up the first goal, likely lose. Trail after two periods, lose every game so far this season. We give up far too many goals 5on5, score far too few.

I'm looking at the on ice leadership group this season and don't like what I see. Coaching only goes so far ... at some point the players need so step up and perform. Weber isn't showing any fire game in, game out. Fisher, Legwand aren't. Really, only Hornqvist is. Unless our vets are stepping up and busting their tails every shift this team doesn't stand a chance in the long run. Either Weber, Fisher, Klein, Legwand, Cullen, et al are held to the fire by the staff or the team needs to find a staff who will. Pretty simple.

As I said earlier this month, Weber should find the C missing from his jersey before a game and on Hornqvist's jersey without warning ... give the letters to players showing leadership traits and busting their butts. This team cannot thrive with complacent "leaders".
Well said. I've noticed the same.........

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote