View Single Post
12-28-2013, 11:18 AM
vCash: 130
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So let me get this straight, you want to trade two younger players on good salaries who can chip in offensively on the bottom 6 yet keep overpaid older vets that don't produce? Yeah, I'd do that. SMH.
I already suggested moving Leggy and Cullen. I would be OK with moving Fisher too but I suspect he will be retained. Gaustad stays because we want the guys we bring up to play top 9 or higher, which is why dumping Hendricks, Nystrom or Clune right now wouldn't help anything… this summer, if we need cap room, is another story.

Spaling is nothing special and isn't likely to ever be more than a spare part, and us a pending UFA. Id much rather give Watson a shot, if the season is lost anyway.

Same thing with Bourque, Id rather give Beck or Sissons a shot at proving they belong here.

I would love to move Wilson if we could get something decent for him, but if we can't get anything other than another underperforming player or a non 1st round pick, we might as well let him continue to try to live up to expectations. Same thing with Smith.. If his recent surge would tempt someone into offering us a 1st or a top tier prospect I'd ship him in a heartbeat, as I am not sold on him continuing to develop, but I wouldn't give him away for nothing because he could still turn out to be a 20 goal scorer.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote