View Single Post
Old
01-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Schmeider...

not sure why you'd say 'great, 10 points,' when it's a guy who's largely played the third and fourth lines, with a couple on the top line, and who gets around 12 minutes of ice time per game, some of the killing penalties. Isn't that about what you'd want from that kind of guy?

I dunno. Maybe there's no room for a Ward on this team, fine. I'll reiterate my problem with Renney: I just think things should make sense. Too much with him doesn't make sense, and I think the messages he sends aren't always crystal clear, and perhaps they should be.

Ola - I'm not convinced that Prucha on a top line makes this team that bad defensively. It didn't seem to be the case last season I'd think this season would be similar.

Criticism for Betts on a second line the first go-around is warranted. Shanahan is here to score goals. He was brought in to lead a second line that would alleviate pressure from Jagr. With Betts in that role that line scored zero goals. That's not what you want from a line with Shanahan. Did it turn the season around? I think Lundqvist playing like last season, which had nothing to do with the forwards since there seemed to be the same amount of quality chances, is what changed this season around.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote