View Single Post
Old
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
He just never really developed and my understanding is at this point, he doesn't even look like a 4th liner fighter/checker type.

Real shame because he looked like one of those kids who wasn't going to be a huge scorer but could really be a valuable member for many years.

Both him and Hollweg's offensive games are mysteries to me.
I'm with you here. I never expected much in the way of scoring at the NHL level for Hollweg, but a complete lack of scoring this year for him really has me scratching my head. Ryan was a competent if not prolific scorer in the WHA. He can skate and by all accounts I've read pass, stick handle, and shoot. Just one of those things I guess.

As for Murray I'm also baffled. His development just stalled once he got to Hartford. Some accounts I've read on other boards suggest he became more than a little unnerved by it. Like Hollweg he's not the biggest guy but he was known as guy who skate very well, hit persistently, and fight pretty competently. Who can say what the answer is, but it's a little weird how things go for certain players.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote