View Single Post
Old
12-28-2013, 11:17 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazepants View Post
We must be watching different teams. Easily the best player on the team defensively, night in, night out. Also, surely everyone remembers how helpless the power play was without him.

Saying he's giving "the minimum amount of effort" is weak, what is this based on? Fisher was the best Predator tonight, but nothing about this game changed my mind about Weber being, quite easily, the best and most consistent player on the team.
I've noticed little from Weber this season. Little demonstrated effort ... little fire and emotion ... nothing resembling leadership on a consistent basis. Tonight Weber had a solid game, but his play was notably different than most recent games. He has the skill to propel this team forward when he applies it. Sadly, that skill seems untapped most nights this season. Weber is consistently absent at even strength this year with as many ES primary points (goals or primary assists) as Hendricks and only one more than Clune. The only positive is that he is showing up on the PP. A good PP with abysmal ES offense and defense does not bode well for the season.